Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The After the Harvest Podcast, Episode 3: Chef Ned Bell, Four Seasons Vancouver and Chefs for Oceans

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/chef-ned-bell-four-seasons/id975981006?i=347048266&mt=2

 

Click this photo to listen on iTunes! 


I am so psyched to finally be sharing Episode 3 of the After the Harvest Podcast! This episode would not have been possible without Arlene, Susan, and Ivy of the Terroir Symposium team, so I am quite grateful to them for arranging my sit down with Chef Ned Bell.

You can find the podcast on iTunes here, and on Soundcloud here (also embedded below).

In this episode I welcomed Chef Ned Bell, Executive Chef of the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver, and Founder of Chefs For Oceans. Listen in as we talk about sustainable seafood, local strawberries, Chefs for Oceans, China, gelato, black licorice, and more!

The music featured in this episode is from a local Ottawa band, Amos the Transparent. Scroll to the end of this post to hear more music from Amos the Transparent and to see their video for their song "The Cold Escape".

So, pull up a chair at the table and join me. Grab a drink and a favourite snack -- eat, drink and connect along with me and my guest.




To harvest means “to collect” or “gather” and there is nothing I love more than gathering great food and drink and even better people around a table. It is in these moments that we eat, drink, … and connect.  So, that image of sitting around a table enjoying good food and drink and great conversation? That’s what I hope this podcast will be.

Each episode I will invite a guest or two to my table to enjoy, and talk about, delicious food and drink -- as well as travel, childhood memories, and...life in general. Each episode will also feature a band or musician, and I plan to focus on independent artists. I will also ask each of my guests my "trademark" After the Harvest Question: If they could have a dream dinner with 5 people, who would their guests be, where would the dinner take place (location and setting), and what would they be eating and drinking? Stay tuned to the blog to see who Ned's dinner guests would be!

After each episode is launched, I will be providing "show notes" -- links to some of the people, places, food and drink my guest and I mention in the episode. See below for the show notes from this episode:

Show Notes: Episode 3
I'm hoping to share a recipe from Chef Ned, so stay tuned to the blog as I'll be making the recipe and sharing it with all of you! Thank you for listening, reading, eating, drinking and connecting.



http://chefsforoceans.com/

Check out more music from Amos the Transparent: 

No comments:

Post a Comment