Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Coming Soon...




I am SO excited to announce that I am starting a podcast!

After becoming mildly obsessed with podcasts such as This American LifeFood is the New Rock, Invisibilia, The Ask Gary Vee Show, The Tim Ferris Show, Serial, Entrepreneur on Fire, The Moth, and the first podcast I fell in love with, Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin; I decided to start my own: The After the Harvest Podcast.

Bear with me as I shape-shift into a professional podcaster while understanding that I am, at present, still in larvae mode. I have already noticed that my childhood hero, Guy Smiley is evident in my intro, as is proof of the number of Drew Barrymore movies I've watched (valley girl alert). However, I look forward to becoming my own version of an Anthony Bourdain-Oprah Winfrey hybrid, so I will be doing my best to polish my skills as we go along.

My first guest is the lovely and vivacious Mandi Lunan of Auntie Loo's Treats. I am just putting the final touches on her episode and it should be up soon -- I will of course let you know!

The premise of The After the Harvest Podcast is to eat, drink, and connect with awesome people. Each episode will feature an awesome person or two, in the food industry or not, and food and drink will be enjoyed and discussed. Of course we will discuss other things too, like music, film, life, childhood, travel, and favourite things. We will see where the conversation takes us!

Each episode will also feature an independent musician or band, or a musician or band that I enjoy, or that my guest enjoys (with permission from the artist, of course). If you or someone you know wants to be featured, please drop me a line at aftertheharvest(at)gmail(dot)com.

Stay tuned for Episode 1: Mandi Lunan, and the many more episodes to come! You will be able to find the podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud. Links will be provided.

Here's to eating, drinking, connecting -- and podcasting!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment