Saturday, August 23, 2014

Podcasting and Other Pursuits

Hello friends and fellow food lovers! It has been a while, and I hope everyone has been having a glorious summer, spotty weather and all. I enjoyed a little staycation during which time I cooked a lot, swam a lot, and hung out with my main man Eddie a lot.



I also took a little trip to Burlington, Vermont to visit a friend, and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the vibe, the company, and the beautiful scenery. More on that trip soon!



Since I've been back to work, I've been spending my evenings working mainly on getting my websites ready and listening to A LOT of podcasts. Why am I listening to so many podcasts? Because I'm starting my own! Once I get a few things organized I'll be recruiting guests to talk about their favourite food memories and experiences, and of course, a little bit about themselves and their own creative pursuits.

Speaking of podcasts, in getting my new After the Harvest website ready and working on the "Press" page, I came across this little chat that I had with the good folks at Apartment 613; a chat in which I discuss my book, the blog to book process and my passion for food in general. In case you missed it last summer, have a listen:



One guest I already know I want to chat with is the lovely Mandi Lunan of Auntie Loo's Treats. I met Mandi when I had the opportunity to write a feature about her and her vegan bakery. The article, which also features the creative photography of Zara of Ottawa Velo Vogue is in the current issue of Herd Magazine which is a free arts and culture mag featuring the Ottawa scene. You can pick one up at many stores around the city - check the Herd website for stockists. If you don't live in Ottawa, the web article will be posted to the site soon.



I look forward to getting the podcast going and sharing it with all of you, as well as my other business and food-related pursuits! Thanks for reading and listening, and have a fabulous weekend!

Cheers,
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment