Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sausalito, CA: Kenny Belov of Fish Restaurant and TwoXSea [VIDEO]


Come with me, my friends, as we journey back in time to August, 2012. Picture this: you're in Sausalito, California. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and you're eating delicious sustainable seafood, whilst washing it down with tasty local beer. 

I have no idea what day of the week it was because I was on vacation (YES!), and I was at Fish Restaurant in Sausalito enjoying a tasty lunch by the seaside. After I finished eating, a friendly employee asked me how my meal was. When I responded with "delicious!" I also took that chance to ask this kind soul if there might be a fisherman around who I could talk to about the fresh, local fish in the area. Lo and behold, I asked, and they brought me Kenny. Not only one of the most passionate sustainable fishermen I've had the chance to meet in person, but also the g** d**** owner of the restaurant, and the wholesale supplier of the restaurant! Fancy that.

So, that sunny Sausalito day, I had the fortuitous occasion of meeting one Kenny Belov, a charming fisherman, successful restaurateur and sustainability advocate. Take note, my friends: when you ask, you shall receive.

As I sat and interviewed Kenny about his passion for fishing and sourcing local products, and his enjoyment of Russian food and local beer, I soaked up the sun's rays and breathed in the salty sea, grateful for my surroundings and for the fact that I had asked.

Enjoy our little chat and learn a little about Mr. Kenny Belov of Fish Restaurant and TwoXSea:

After the Harvest Travel Series: Kenny Belov ~ Sausalito, California from After the Harvest on Vimeo.

Special thanks to that kind employee, and to Kenny himself, of course. I hope to visit again sometime. Also a big thank you to Mr. Jamie Muntean for helping me graduate from iMovie larvae to tadpole.
*Sorry for the excessive zooming, Kenny! I 'm a beginner ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment