Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Photo Sharing

Hey friends!

I recently submitted some photos to the 2013 86'd Food Photography Awards organized by the fabulous Ivy Knight. Last year one of my photos was a finalist and I was grateful to the judges for choosing it! I took this photo at a friend's family farm in Burnstown, Ontario. It is a cream separator that is used to filter sap during the process of maple syrup.


This year I was not a finalist but I still wanted to share the photos with you and give them a bit of context. I hope you enjoy :) *Please respect that these photos are my own and if you wish to use them for anything, please contact me directly. 


Beautiful grapes in the vineyard at Waupoos Winery in Prince Edward County. I took a great trip with my sisters there last summer.


A picnic I had with my pal Jamie in Big Sur, California. Post coming soon! 


I grabbed this shot inside the old hacienda at Scribe Winery in Sonoma, CA this summer. Post coming soon! Amazing winery.


A humble shed on site at Medlock Ames Winery in Healdsburg, CA. Post coming soon :) Also really liked their wines. 


I love Scribe, did I mention that? Even their labels are awesome. Beautiful quote.


Cappy the bartender at Spoonbar at the H2 Hotel in Healdsburg, CA. He makes a mean cocktail. This is the man that introduced me to Amaro Montenegro. More on that later :) 


Token Instagram photo. Also at Spoonbar. Beautiful edible garnish on the bar.

Congratulations to all of the finalists and winners of this year's awards! I had a lot of fun taking these photos and I hope you enjoyed them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment