Sunday, January 15, 2012

Recipe: Golden Globe Chili









Adapted from a recipe in the Wellness Warrior Coaching 30 Day Health Tune Up Guide, I present to you my "Golden Globe Chili"! I decided to call it "Golden Globe Chili" for two reasons: one, to pay tribute to tonight's Golden Globes host, Ricky Gervais; and two, because it turns out to be a beautiful golden colour! After tasting the chili tonight, the only change I would make in the future would be to add more spice, otherwise I think it's a healthy, hearty meal that can satisfy for days!

Please enjoy!

Put the following ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. To quote Jamie Oliver, it's "easy peasy"!
  • 1 tetrapak of vegetable broth (1 litre)
  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 peppers, chopped (I used 1 red, 1 green)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic (I left them whole)
  • 2 cups lentils (I used red lentils, which are actually orange, and end up being yellow, or "golden")
  • 1 cup quinoa (I used millet)
  • 1 28 oz. can of chopped or crushed tomatoes
  • 4 tsp chili powder (or more!)
  • 1 bay leaf (my choice to add this, I love bay leaves!)
And...it's all vegan! Thanks to @DebGleason and Wellness Warrior Coaching for (most of) this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment