Adapted from a recipe in the Wellness Warrior Coaching 30 Day Health Tune Up Guide, I present to you my "Golden Globe Chili"! I decided to call it "Golden Globe Chili" for two reasons: one, to pay tribute to tonight's Golden Globes host, Ricky Gervais; and two, because it turns out to be a beautiful golden colour! After tasting the chili tonight, the only change I would make in the future would be to add more spice, otherwise I think it's a healthy, hearty meal that can satisfy for days!
Put the following ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. To quote Jamie Oliver, it's "easy peasy"!
- 1 tetrapak of vegetable broth (1 litre)
- 4 cups of water
- 2 peppers, chopped (I used 1 red, 1 green)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (I left them whole)
- 2 cups lentils (I used red lentils, which are actually orange, and end up being yellow, or "golden")
- 1 cup quinoa (I used millet)
- 1 28 oz. can of chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 4 tsp chili powder (or more!)
- 1 bay leaf (my choice to add this, I love bay leaves!)