Saturday, September 17, 2011

Who is Heifer International?

Hey Everyone! With Cultivate around the corner, I thought I'd share a brief explanation of the charity it is supporting: Heifer International. In a nutshell, Heifer fights hunger and poverty by providing sustainable solutions. For example, instead of giving a family a bag of rice, they give them a goat, or they teach them organic farming solutions that they can pass on to their family and community members. I'll let Mr. Food Network Alton Brown explain further:



So I hope to see you at the Mayfair next Saturday to help me give back to this great organization! P.S. How cute is that baby goat?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! That video really made it clear what Heifer is all about and why we should support this cause...

    ReplyDelete