Jose and I go way back. I'm talking chalkboards and recess, that's how far back we go. As long as I've known Jose Bray, he's either been on a skateboard or a bike, so it would make sense that he would someday open a bike shop. That is just what he did and his store Joe Mamma Cycles is supporting Cultivate: A Mini Film Fest with some great silent auction items.
Earlier in the summer Jose and I grabbed some lunch at Alex's Bread & Deli in the Glebe, where we talked about some of his food favourites and why he is supporting Cultivate: A Mini Film Fest.
- Favourite Restaurant: Murray Street Kitchen Wine & Charcuterie
- New Favourite Sandwich: Chicken Salad Sandwich from Alex's Bread & Deli
- Favourite Spot to Eat: His backyard
- Favourite Summer Cocktail: "There's nothing better than a plain 'ol margarita".
- Signature Dish: "Ghetto Burritos" -- ground beef, salsa, onion and jalapeno. Cook that all together and put it on a tortilla with cheese. Put it in the oven "so it's all melty inside".
After enjoying our delicious sandwiches, Jose explained why he thought it was important to support my event: "Whether it's food or anything, you need to support local farmers, businesses, schools." Always a locally minded guy, Jose is so community minded that he was even featured on CBC's Neighbourhood Stories.
So for all your cycling, BMX and bike accessory needs, stop into Joe Mamma Cycles in the Glebe! Taking a cue from Jose, all the staff are fun and relaxed, and very knowledgeable about all things bike-related. Tell them I sent you ;)
767 Bank Street