Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cultivate Sponsors: Castlegarth

This post marks the first in a series I will be calling Cultivate Sponsors.

As you may have seen on Twitter, Facebook, posters around the city and of course, this blog, my first event, Cultivate: A Mini Film Fest is happening in 2 weeks on Saturday, September 24th at The Mayfair Theatre.

I would not have been able to secure this awesome venue without the help of the many generous sponsors who contributed to make this what I believe will be a great event.

The first of these wonderful sponsors is Castlegarth. Chef Matthew Brearley and his wife and partner Jenn Brearley were the first to sign on to help me put this event together, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Earlier this summer I stopped by Castlegarth in White Lake to thank them and snap a few photos of their restaurant and food shop.

















You can learn more about Chef Brearley and Castlegarth on Good Food Revolution, where I shared my account of a visit to their farm and restaurant.

Castlegarth has an amazing special event happening next weekend, Saturday, September 17th and Sunday, September 18th where they will host Chef Francisco Alejandri of Agave y Aquacate in Toronto.

Chef Francisco will use the local ingredients grown at Castlegarth to create a delicious Mexican soul food menu paired with a Tequila tasting. For reservations, you can call (613)623-3472.

Castlegarth
90 Burnstown Road
White Lake, Ontario
Located in the Ottawa Valley
Less than an hour west of Ottawa
www.castlegarth.ca

1 comment:

  1. Makes me wish I lived closer to home...mmm Mexican soul food!

    ReplyDelete