Monday, June 13, 2011

Food Films: Forks Over Knives

I can't wait to see this movie!



Every time you turn around these days, there's a new "food-umentary" on the scene. Forks Over Knives is the newest one on my radar and I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

If you've been reading After the Harvest for a while you may already know that I tend to "flirt" with vegetarianism and for the most part I eat a largely plant-based diet. I still struggle with the concept of going completely vegetarian or even vegan, but with each passing day my feet tend to shuffle in that direction more and more. My largest barriers to this are my loves of cheese, eggs, fish and Greek yogurt. I tend to subscribe to the Michael Pollan way of eating, and I like to support farmers and food producers who raise animals humanely and naturally.

My vegetarian waffling aside, Forks Over Knives does not strike me as a film strictly for vegetarians or vegans. If anything, I think more meat eaters should consider checking out this documentary. Based on the trailers I've seen, Forks Over Knives seems to speak largely to the connection between food and health, and how vital that is in our lives.



Whether or not you eat animal products, I think we can all agree that the more plant-based food we eat, the healthier we will be.

Check your local showtimes here :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I had not heard about it. I'm gonna see it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete