Sunday, May 1, 2011

Parkdale Market Expands!

I recently joined the Parkdale Market Core Team, a.k.a. the "Board" for the Parkdale Market. Being on such a team makes me privy to details about the market that I can share with all of you, although I'm sure some of you foodies may have already caught wind of this news.

This Thursday, May 5th is the official opening of the Parkdale Market, which also happens to coincide with the 1st Thursdays Wellington West Art Walk. So, Ottawa folk, you can take in some art and take home some veggies, all in one trip. This neighbourhood rocks!

This year the Parkdale Market will have even more to offer its customers. With the construction of a new Fieldhouse as well as a redesign of the park including the addition of a stage, many new and exciting events and food vendors will be part of the market.

What's a Fieldhouse? In short, it's that modern building right beside the market stands! The Fieldhouse will house 10 Savour Ottawa verified local farmers/producers who will sell their products through a central checkout system. That's right, people -- proteins galore! Now you can purchase your breakfast fruit, salad goods, meat, eggs and cheese all in one central location, while connecting with members of your community!

Products for sale in the fieldhouse will include:

  • eggs

  • sheep and goat cheese

  • honey

  • maple syrup and maple syrup products

  • heirloom organic vegetables

  • organic mushrooms

  • local frozen beef

  • red deer

  • elk

  • lamb

  • wild boar

  • apples and apple products


  • The Parkdale Market Fieldhouse will be open Thursday to Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm, and the other market vendors will be open as usual, from dusk till dawn 7 days a week.

    Stay tuned for more news regarding the Parkdale Market, and I hope to see you there on May 7th for the Hintonburg Tulip Festival!

    1 comment:

    1. Oh my god. I'm sooo excited. I guess I haven't been paying attention; I'm glad I come here to read. Thanks Heather.

      ReplyDelete