Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Brick Works Afternoon







I finally visited the Evergreen Brick Works this weekend on a quick trip to Toronto. A friend and I hiked through one of the Discovery Walks and made our way to this amazing community space!

After looking through the website in more detail, it is so inspiring and wonderful to see how much amazing, community-focused, food, environment and art-related programming exists at the Evergreen Brick Works! I only wished I had more time to take it all in.



As soon as we got there we came upon Chef Brad Long and his team, serving up samples of his catering menu from his company, Belong Catering. In a few months his restaurant Cafe Belong will open, so in the meantime he is offering a little taste of his delicious food, like the blueberry ginger muffin I enjoyed. I was lucky enough to have a quick chat with Chef Long and he had high praise for Ottawa's food scene!







Once inside the market, we also spied Micah Donovan's Micro Farms display as well as the always irresistible ChocoSol chocolate and Forbes Wild Foods birch syrup. I highly recommend you check out the Brick Works if you have a chance -- it's a great way to spend a day, and perhaps even a creative date idea -- my kind of date, anyhow!





1 comment:

  1. I so want to go here. I just wish it was open more than just on weekends as my Toronto trips have been mid-week of late. Thanks for tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete