Monday, March 14, 2011

Community Supported Agriculture!

The good folks at Dawghaus Studios cooked up this neat video on Community Supported Agriculture (or CSA as you might know it). Local farmers are featured, as well as Ms. Locavore herself, Sarah Elton.

CSA: Community Supported Agriculture in the National Capital Region from Dawghaus Studios on Vimeo.



Interestingly enough, I'm still thinking about whether or not to sign up for a CSA; since I'm only a one person household and I'm within spitting distance of the Parkdale Market, I'm just not sure it's for me at this time. That's not to say that I don't fully support local farmers and wish them all well as they sell their shares! For those of you who also haven't yet decided, perhaps this video will help sway your decision! Sign up soon, CSA shares tend to go fast!

Looking forward to summer,

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. Nice video! I love fruit and vegetable baskets :-)

    Have you thought about a small basket from either Bryson Farms or Ottawa Organics instead of signing up for a full CSA share? You can order once every 2 or 3 or 4 weeks if every week is too much for you.

    We order from Bryson about every 2 or 3 weeks. The vegetables are so fresh that they last a long time. The only down side is that they don't have fruit, only vegs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Melodie! I think if I do decide to sign up for a CSA though, I have to go with my friend Jesse from Vegetable Patch. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you have a friend on the "inside", of course you have to go with him :-) I can't wait to start digging in my garden!!

    ReplyDelete