Thursday, February 24, 2011

Akamai Backyard Update!

If you ever read any of the (few) posts my sister and I wrote on our blog, Little Foodies, you may remember this post about the amazing, inspiring permaculturists of Akamai Backyard! Well, with the help of some of my friends at SuperForest, they recently filmed an update video, and here it is! (*these videos do not fit inside my Blogger frame, so if you'd like to view them in full, simply click on the video rather than just clicking the play function)


I want a yarden!!! If this doesn't inspire you to grow your own food or love animals, then I don't know what would!?! Our friends at Akamai Backyard are beautiful and inspiring and they make me hopeful for the day where we are all growing food in our own backyards! Just for a fun comparison (and for those of you who never saw this the first time), why not check out their first video and see the progress they've made:



As the song says, "I can change the world, with my own two hands."
P.S. -- Stay tuned for a resurgence of Little Foodies in the future, as my sister recently gave birth to a little foodie of her own!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your aloha in sharing our story. Our garden projects make us so happy and give us hope for the world, when we see how easy they have been for us to achieve.

    Congratulations on the new little foodie who has just arrived in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicia! Your comment has warmed my heart :) I look forward to the possibility of meeting you, as I am planning to visit Zero One in the summertime! Yes, we are all very happy about our newest family member, Kai! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete