Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top 11 After the Harvest Highlights from 2010!



Happy 2011, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed a fun holiday season filled with good food and drink, and great company! Last year I shared my top 10 highlights from After the Harvest's first year in existence, and with the start of this new year I have decided to continue the tradition, but this time I couldn't decide on just 10 posts, so here are my top 11! Very fitting on this 1/1/11, don't you think?

Thank you to everyone who reads After the Harvest. I hope to continue to share stories of eating, drinking and connecting with you all in the coming years, and I can't wait to share with you some of the projects I'm working on to expand After the Harvest.

Without further ado, my Top 11 After the Harvest Highlights (in no particular order):

#1 Listening to Raj Patel talk about food sovereignty

#2 Spending a day in the Sugar Bush

#3 Learning about backyard chickens from a friend in Seattle, Washington

#4 Doing my part to help re-write Ottawa's Food Policies

#5 Launching a new blog, Little Foodies, with my sister -- a project to celebrate kids, food and art!

#6 Visiting a Community Garden in my neighbourhood. More to come on community gardens in 2011!

#7 Exploring new wine pairings...with music!

#8 Launching my Save a Seed project -- if you'd like to help out, just click on the super cute seed image on the left sidebar and you can donate to the Kew Gardens' Millennium Seed Bank!

#9 Raising a glass to Regular Joes and Restaurant Pros who enjoy a good cocktail!

#10 Chatting with a foodie I look up to, Tricia Huffman, a.k.a. Your Joyologist.

#11 Participating in the Ottawa Foodie Challenge!

I hope you also enjoyed these posts, or if you missed them the first time around, here is your chance to catch up! I am also open to suggestions for the new year, so if there is anything in particular you'd love to read about on After the Harvest, let me know in the comments section and I'll do my best to tie it into the content of the blog!

Happy New Year!
~Heather

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making OFC part of your top 11 in 2010! :)

    ReplyDelete