Sunday, January 30, 2011

Orange Basil Salad Dressing



I love making my own salad dressings! I'm going to start sharing my simple, easy recipes, so I hope you enjoy them. First up: Orange Basil Salad Dressing.

I first whipped this dressing up because I had an abundance of basil growing in my herb garden, and I thought it would add some zing to my salad. Turns out orange and basil go well together because many people before me have combined them in dressings, desserts and cocktails.



I know it's not basil season but sometimes you just need a little ray of sunshine in the dead of winter. Never one for exact measurements, here is my recipe:

Orange Basil Salad Dressing

  • Freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
  • Sunflower oil (or any other light oil)
  • Finely chopped basil (as much or as little as you like)
  • Honey or Agave syrup (to taste)
  • Poppyseeds (optional)



You can blend it, shake it or simply whisk it together by hand. Bright, tangy and sweet, this dressing really wakes up your salad! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment