Sunday, December 12, 2010

Michael Pollan Wants Your Food Rules!

Happy Sunday night everyone! Recently I got a very exciting email in my inbox, from the one and only Michael Pollan. (Sigh!) Don't get too excited, now, it's just because I'm on his mailing list. And if you haven't yet discovered the food-nerd appeal of Michael Pollan, just do a little YouTube search or read some of his books and I'm sure you'll also fall in love.



Having declared my schoolgirl literary crush, I'll get to the meat of the matter. Michael needs our help! He is compiling some additional food rules for an expanded, illustrated edition of his book, Food Rules, and he wants to hear from you! To quote from the email:

"Last year I published Food Rules, a short book offering 64 rules for eating well. Many of the rules were submitted by readers, and since publication I have received a number of excellent new ones. The premise of Food Rules is that culture has much to teach us about how to choose, prepare and eat food and that this wisdom is worth collecting and preserving before it disappears." ~ Michael Pollan

Some sample rules to get you thinking:

  • "Eat your colours"

  • "It's not food if it comes to you through the window of your car."

  • "Eat food cooked by humans, not corporations."

  • ...and of course he started with his first "rule" -- "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants," a powerful statement that I try to keep in mind with every meal.



    So, why not pick up a copy of his book, and if you have any new food rules to share, simply email Michael at pollan[dot]foodrules[at]gmail.com.
    Your ideas may end up in the book!

    4 comments:

    1. I loved this book! His others too, but this was was easy to read, funny full of common sense.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I will take you up on your suggestion. It sounds like a good book...thanks! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Fun and fantastic book!

      Did you submit any?

      ReplyDelete