Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Return to Gilead



During my recent trip to Toronto I dropped in on my old crew at my former workplace, Gilead Cafe. With a few inspiring changes here and there, Gilead was still the same as I remembered with friendly staff, fresh local food and scrumptious desserts.

I opted for the Nicoise-style salad with smoked whitefish (smoked in house). To wash it down I chose a refreshing Waupoos Cider from The County Cider Company in Prince Edward County. I even have to admit to stealing a few of JK's famous fries from my friend's plate!



I capped off my lunch with a rich, chocolatey peanut butter cup made by Gilead's own amazing Pastry Chef, Dawn Nita. You can check out Dawn's culinary adventures on her blog, Dawnabelle's. It was so great to be back in my old stomping grounds and I look forward to my next trip back!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I had a very similar salad when I went and simply could not resist the rosemary fries... Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete