Monday, August 16, 2010

A Real Scoop of Espresso at Ed's



My little trip to Toronto last week was fun as always and also included some delicious flavours! One such flavour experience was the always tasty and all natural ice cream of Ed's Real Scoop. I was familiar with the Ed's in my old neighbourhood next to the Beaches, but didn't realize that Leslieville also had a store.



This place is probably the closest ice cream shop to a Ben & Jerry's here in Canada (that I know of, anyhow), with its all natural ice cream and gelato, peace and love messages and friendly, neighbourhood atmosphere.

After eyeing all of the amazing choices, I settled in on the Mercury Espresso ice cream. I've always been a fan of coffee flavoured ice cream, and knowing they used coffee beans from the local* Mercury Espresso Bar across the street made it an even easier choice. I enjoyed this delicious dessert on the bench outside the shop with a few fabulous family members and many cute neighbourhood dogs waiting patiently for their owners on a humid summer night.

*The Mercury Espresso House blend is roasted in Montreal

No comments:

Post a Comment