Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vegetarian Bachelorette Party

Hello everyone! I'm here in muggy Toronto; visiting with friends, experiencing new cafes and restaurants and celebrating a close friend's wedding. It's great to be back in my former home city! The other night we had the obigatory bachelorette shindig, complete with kitschy games and girl talk, and of course, great food and drink!

I created a signature cocktail for the occasion, and to my delight, everyone really enjoyed it! Perhaps it was the refreshing citrus on a hot, hazy night that did the trick, but it was well-received all around.



Recipe:

  • 1 oz. Vodka
  • 1/2 oz Limoncello
  • Orangina
  • fresh basil
  • lemon slice



A few ladies in the crowd (including the bride) are vegetarian so all of the tasty treats were meat-free. There was a veggie tray, yummy cheeses, vegetarian lasagna, sauteed green beans and tasty appetizers, like these light, refreshing cold rolls.





This crusty bread was all ready to be made into bruschetta, which I failed to take a photo of because I was too busy hungrily devouring its tomato-garlic goodness.



Also very tasty were the deep fried risotto balls! (Anything deep fried...)



We finished off the evening with some decadent cakes and fresh strawberries. A great time was had by all and the food was delicious! Now on to the nuptuals later tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Your signature cocktail sounds delicious and I will try the kale chips too. I have yet to find a fun way to eat kale. Glad to discover your blog - it's wonderful. :) Laura

    ReplyDelete