Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Provenance Regional Cuisine







It was so great to be back in Toronto if only for a few days. While I was there I picked up a few things from my favourite grocer, Chef Alex Johnston at Provenance Regional Cuisine. If you haven't discovered Provenance yet, you need to go! It's located at Dundas and Palmerston, which is really not that far from Bloor and Bathurst.


Provenance is connected to The Palmerston if you feel like grabbing a bite, a coffee or a drink after shopping!

A quaint little neighbourhood store with artisanal flair, Provenance Regional Cuisine is not just a store, but also a subscription and catering service. In other words, you can subscribe to weekly boxes of fresh, local, sustainable foods; and also recruit the talented Chef Alex and his team to cater your event!






They even stock Forbes' products! For more on Forbes Wild Foods, click here.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a few familiar faces when I stopped in (that means you, Annette and Krista!), and I picked up a gift certificate for a friend's wedding along with some goodies for my house hosts for the weekend.


Mmm Kozlik's mustards...in Ottawa you can get them at The Bagel Shop.

So, next time you're in the area, why not stop by for some fresh fish, local cheese, professionally butchered and seasoned meats, and other artisanal treats. They even sell Sam James coffee from the hottest new coffee bar in T.O. (I plan to visit next time I'm in town!)





For more on Provenance Regional Cuisine, you can check out their website or read my profile on Alex. Bon Appetit!





1 comment:

  1. Heather: Thanks for sharing this great find. I look forward to checking it out on our next TO outing. Looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete