Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kale Chips!

I'm a salty tooth. Therefore, any chip-like food item usually calls my name on a regular basis. Lately there's been tonnes of talk about kale chips (read: chips made from kale), and I thought I'd take a stab at them myself. Hey -- anything to keep my jeans fitting and my tooth salty is fine by me! Thus my kale chip experience begins...

First, get a nice bunch of kale from your local farmers' market (Parkdale for me)...



Wash the kale, dry it thoroughly and break off chip-sized pieces.



Dress with olive oil (2-3 tbsp) and sea salt. I suppose you could also season the chips any way you like, but I prefer a pure and simple taste.



Spread out on a lightly greased cookie sheet and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for around 12 minutes, turning the chips over halfway through.



Remove any excess oil from the chips. This amount of kale created 3 cookie sheets of chips.



In the end you get tasty, crunchy, salty kale chips! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Trust me, they taste better than they look :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks simple enough! Contemplating making BBQ kale chips now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete