Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grow, Lettuce, Grow!



I thought I'd just share a few shots of my lettuce -- it's growing! It is amazing the feeling that you get inside from seeing the seeds you planted materialize. The red leaf lettuce seems to be my top performer; I cannot remember which lettuce variety I planted on the right hand side of the window box in front, but perhaps it just takes a bit longer to sprout.



I'm already dreaming of the wonderful salads I'll make with my lettuce. In actuality they will probably be very similar to the salads I'm already making, but they'll be with my own lettuce which makes all the difference to me.

I hope everyone is having a great day and surviving this humidity.

Happy gardening!

3 comments:

  1. looks good girlie! grow! grow!
    Your lettuce and Jose's mushrooms should have a race. And then a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! Although I have a feeling my lettuce is going to struggle for a while, especially in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! No matter how many times I do it, it always amazes me when a seed germinates. Seeing new life is always exhilarating!

    ReplyDelete