Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Little Herb Garden

My first purchases from The Parkdale Market were these cute little herbs! They fit perfectly in these adorable pots I received as a gift!


mr. thyme


mrs. basil


italian parsley the third



Three of my favourites, I can only hope they survive my shady patio, but I've already used the basil and it was so fragrant! Canadian grown too! Ok, so I didn't grow them from seed, but I will be attempting that soon, so stay tuned! How are your garden plans coming? I recently discovered this amazing container gardening blog called Life on the Balcony, so if you're yard-challenged like I am, check it out!

7 comments:

  1. I love your hanging containers! Ikea? I loved to get more vertical growing happening on my shared fence.

    My herb seeds are coming along - except for the cilantro. Stupid cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the most promising seeds started!! Then my cat decided that would be the perfect place to sit. He's killed 1/2 of them and crushed the containers they are in (he's not a small cat). Sigh... oh well. It was not meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The containers were a gift but I'll find out where they came from! Too bad about the cilantro (Lana) and the cat(Jodi)! I'm still hoping these herbs will make it through the season unscathed, so we'll see if they survive on my shady patio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from a link that Rebecca posted on Twitter. Those pots are super cute! Did you ever see this hanging garden made out of a shoe organizer? http://lifehacker.com/5311492/turn-a-shoe-organizer-into-a-vertical-herb-garden I'd love to make this sometime, but would like to find a shoe organizer second hand or at a garage sale. Then I need to find some way to attach it to our house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Amy! This is also an excellent vertical farming site: http://www.windowfarms.org/
    I never even thought of my herb garden as vertical farming, but I guess it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those who were wondering, the containers came from Home Outfitters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out! I was scouring your post to see where you got such cute pots and then saw the mention of LOTB. What a pleasant surprise! :-)

    ReplyDelete