Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Brunch


We started with a toast...


Raspberry puree, pear juice and sparkling water; strawberry garnish


While I prepared the eggs, some sweet and savoury snacks were enjoyed, including some lovely fresh Ontario asparagus in a roasted red pepper dip


Strawberry and goat cheese on crostini with honey drizzle


Mixed olives in a cucumber boat


The eggs were poached and everything was ready to go under the broiler


Nothing like melted Gruyere to start your day!


Mango salad with red pepper, red onion, cilantro and peanut dressing


Poached egg on an English muffin with grilled zucchini, fresh tomato and melted Gruyere


Fruit salad for dessert


Coffee with steamed milk, cinnamon and chocolate shavings


It was a pleasure honouring my Mom and Nana with a special brunch! I loved this thoughtful gift my sister sent in the mail for Mom :)

4 comments:

  1. I brought that glass piece when I was home a few weeks ago...glad you all liked it. I soooo wish I could have had some of this yummy brunch. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea! I heard you had a great morning yourself thanks to two little munchkins and some french toast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brunch looks amazing! I would do pretty much anything for the strawberry and goat cheese crostini right now.

    ReplyDelete