Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quick Taste: Banrock Station Unwooded Chardonnay



Wine: 2009 Banrock Station Unwooded Chardonnay, Good Earth Fine Wine

Look: clear,brilliant,light straw colour,light viscosity

Nose: grassy, lemon, honey, white flowers, pear

Palate: low acidity, fresh and light, citrus, pear and floral notes come over well

Price: $12.95 at the LCBO (Thanks, Andrea!)

Food Match: I think this wine would go really well with a white fish dish like sole or tilapia, but the first thing I thought of was fish tacos! Perhaps I'll share a recipe for those soon...

Overall: I really liked this wine. I have to admit that my purchase was partially influenced by the label, as part of the proceeds of this wine's sales go to supporting environmental projects around the world -- thus the "Good Earth" moniker. You can read more about Banrock Station's commitment to the environment on their website, where I noticed that they are supporting many wildlife-based programs in Canada!

2 comments:

  1. This is by far one of my favourite wines due to it's mild and refreshing flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time i shop for wine,I purchase a different one each time. over the years I've had so many kinds, its like going to the library and getting a new book!! when i tried this chardonnay, I love it.So know my husband is happy.I just pick yours up , and out i go, don't spend a long time in the store anymore. If it goes on sale I'll buy a case!!thanks.

    ReplyDelete