Sunday, January 3, 2010

Comfort Food: Roast Lamb


We ushered in the new year with a roast lamb, surrounded by fingerling potatoes, carrots and shallots. It was succulent and comforting all at once. The meal made me want to jump back in time to those pot roast days, tie up my apron and call everyone to the table. Where did the pot roast go, anyhow? I think we should bring it back. One pot meals should be all the rage in our maniacally busy, overstressed lives. This year I vow to make more pot roasts. I'll live like the women of Mad Men for a while, minus the cigarettes and the passive aggressive drama, that is...

1 comment:

  1. Roast lamb is indeed comforting and in this weather we really need it! I love roasting meats with vegs. So easy and such rich flavor. Will be checking back at your blog often! :)

    ReplyDelete